It seems like lately the fastest/easiest way to keep up with me is through Instagram. I find myself constantly taking pictures with my phone and updating there before anywhere else. If you follow me there, then you’ll know how much I love my Rivet and Sway glasses. Honestly, I liked my old glasses…still do, but I’ve had them for a couple of years and it was time for a change. As soon as I got my Rivet and Sway specs, I put them on my face and haven’t taken them off since. Other than to sleep/shower of course.
Rivet and Sway is this awesome new company that allows you to order glasses online. The thing that’s different about them, though, is that they allow you to try on your glasses first. Yes, no more placing an order online, crossing your fingers, hoping that you like what you get. I know some sites have those tools where you can upload a picture of yourself and put an image of the glasses on your face – that helps, but it’s still not the same as trying them on in person. With Rivet and Sway you get to do just that.
Here’s how it works. Head on over to the Rivet and Sway website and browse their selection – don’t forget to use their tools that help you determine which type of frames fit your face best. Choose the three frames that you like the best and place your order. Rivet and Sway will send you those glasses FREE OF CHARGE to try on! Shipping’s free too! Of course, they won’t have your prescription in them just yet. They do ask for a credit card just in case you decide not to return the frames. You then have three days to try them on and decide which frames are for you. Send the frames back in the provided packaging (again, free of charge) and then chose the one you like the best. Upload your prescription (or have Rivet and Sway call your eye doc for you…that’s what I did) and place your order! Oh, and I should mention that if you decide you don’t want any, you don’t HAVE to buy.
What I liked about my experience
- GREAT customer service. And I mean stellar. I had a few e-mail conversations with the CEO himself.
- Perfect selection of frames. Some sites offer a ridiculous number of frames that make it way too hard to choose. Rivet and Sway has the perfect amount with just the right variety.
- Try-On-Kit. What’s not to like – so awesome that you get to try on your glasses before you buy.
- Rivet and Sway will call your eye doc for you if you don’t have the script and as long as your doc is okay with giving the info, and you have a current prescription on file, you never have to talk to the eye doc yourself! Worked great for me.
- The glasses – great quality. Some may need to adjust the fit, but luckily Rivet and Sway tells you how to do this yourself in their FAQs, or you can get them fitted at a local eye store (most will do this for a few bucks), but they actually fit my face perfectly. The lenses and frames are both high quality. Every lens even comes with scratch-resistant, and glare free 100% UV protection coatings.
- Fast shipping! After ordering your new specs, Rivet and Sway promises to have them out for delivery within a week!
- FREE shipping! Seriously, how awesome is free shipping? Rivet and Sway offers it on both the try-on kit AND your order once it’s placed. Fed-Ex 2-day shipping at that!
What could be better about Rivet and Sway
- Your frames do not come with a glasses case. They do come with a cloth bag, but it would be nice to see a quality case come along with the glasses as well.
Have questions about Rivet and Sway? Head on over to their site, or check out their FAQs. So what amazing specs did I decide on? Well, I wanted something a little different and love the idea of color, so I went with The Poetic License (cool name, right? all of their glasses have fun names) in Royal/Tortoise. The husband says I look like a banker from the 80′s. I’m cool with that. I absolutely love the pop of color on the inside of the frames.
Disclaimer: Rivet and Sway provided me with a free pair of glasses in my prescription for the purpose of this review. I was not compensated in any other way and the free product in no way reflected my opinion. October 9, 2012
This entry was posted in Product Reviews. Bookmark the permalink.